This blog has been a bit quiet recently. This past semester had me wrapped around its little finger and I faced what was probably my most challenging several months, academically and personally. But it’s over, and with a finished semester and a holiday vacation comes time for reflection. Google did a fantastic job recapping the year for the world in Zeitgeist 2013. What has this year meant for me?
2 new countries on my passport (UK and Mexico)
- Finishing a year-long endeavor to watch all of the FRIENDS episodes with two of the besties
- Traveling to 4 new states, 2 new national parks, and many more of this country’s geological wonders
- Experiencing the strength of a community after the Boston Marathon bombings
Para-sailing and swimming with dolphins in the first ever Gururaj-Hukeri-Kanmadhikar 17-person-vacation “big family” vacation (more on this to come!)
- Seeing old friends graduate and move on
- The MIT Brass Rat, companion for life
- The first time I’ve ever lived truly on my own
- Falling in love with Pentatonix
- A new family in Southern California
- Putting on the best a cappella concert at MIT this fall (alright I’m a bit biased) with my favorite singers on campus.
- The sweetest of friendship
- Sweat, tears, success, failure… and so much more.
And now it’s time to welcome the New Year with some of my closest friends and family. Decorations? Check. Dance playlist? Check. Fondue? Check. Champagne/sparkling cider? Check. Anderson Cooper in Times Square? Check. 2014, we’re ready.